[CentOS] Getting Megaraid Software Manager Installed On CentOS 7

Fri May 29 17:28:14 UTC 2015
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

Well I'm pleased that my raid card post brought all the enthusiasts out
of the woodwork. So who has installed LSI's MSM software under CentOS 7?

I've downloaded the linux-x64 package from:

http://www.lsi.com/products/raid-controllers/pages/megaraid-sas-9361-8i.aspx

Extracted the files and run "install.csh -a". This installs
vivaldiframeworkd under /etc/rc.d/init.d and that runs fine. I can
access the host from a Windows install of MSM just fine.

What seems to missing is the monitoring software. I think the run-time
script is called mr_monitor. It doesn't seem to be installed. Attempts
to configure monitor alerts from Windows returns "monitor is unreachable."

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?