[CentOS] Could not complete SSL handshake to Amazon EC2 host

Fri May 1 12:18:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 01:32:28AM -0400, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> [root at ops:~] #/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost
> NRPE v2.15
>
> [root at ops:~] #grep only_from /etc/xinetd.d/nrpe
>         only_from       = 127.0.0.1 216.120.248.126
>
> And I do have port 5666 open on the security group for this host.

It sounds like you've got NRPE up on your AWS system, so I think you
might need to take a closer look at your security groups to make sure
it is allowing the NRPE port in from the source you're checking from.
You could always check with a check_nrpe from another host in the same
VPC if you want to make sure its not NRPE configuration-related.