[CentOS] Could not complete SSL handshake to Amazon EC2 host

Sat May 2 22:26:47 UTC 2015
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

> Not just /var/log/messages.  Doesn't nrpe have a log file?  Maybe even
> secure.

Hmmm I don't find any log specific to nrpe. In other words I don't see
/var/log/nrpe.log or whatever. :)

And when I tail -f /var/log/secure or /var/log/messages I don't see any
entries turning up in them when I hit the client with check_nrpe. I was
checking the logs on the client itself.

> >> Also nrpe needs to be told from where connections are allowed whether
> >> running under an inetd or self-daemonized.
> >
> >Yep! I've set the only_from to have only the loopback address and the IP
> >for the monitoring host in /etc/xinetd.d/npre.

> Not the xinetd config, the nrpe config (too).

Hmmmm. but the nrpe.confg file is ignored in the case of allowed hosts.
>From the nrpe config:

# NOTE: This option is ignored if NRPE is running under either inetd or
xinetd

allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1

Thanks for the input tho, I genuinely appreciate it!

--
GPG me!!