[CentOS] can't disable tcp6 on centos 7

Mon May 4 00:25:45 UTC 2015
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Eero,

where did you installed this nrpe package? is selinux running enforcing
> mode (getenforce command), try disabling with setenforce 0. why you are
> running it under xinetd as usual way is to run it as nrped daemon.

For NRPE I usually do a source install with these flags:

./configure
make all
make install-plugin
make install-daemon
make install-daemon-config
make install-xinetd

Rather than a yum install. If I install the nrpe package from yum I don't
find a check_nrpe script on the system for some reason!

I demonstrate this on another system than the ones I've been working with
in this thread:

[root at monitor1:~] #rpm -qa | grep nrpe | grep -v mcollective
nrpe-2.15-2.el7.x86_64

[root at monitor1:~] #find / -name "check_nrpe"
[root at monitor1:~] #

So I'm more comfortable with a source install.

test against with check_nrpe, not using telnet.

I actually solved the problem by adding the port to tcp instead of udp on
the puppet host:

firewall-cmd --permanent  --add-port=5666/tcp

Then from the monitoring host:

[root at monitor1:~] #/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H
puppet.mydomain.com
NRPE v2.15

 So it's all good at this point. I'm not sure why the instructions I
followed said to open up the port under UDP.. Had I just done what I did I
would have saved a lot of trouble..

Thanks for the input guys!! I'm glad the problem is solved now.