[CentOS] Backup PC or other solution

Thu May 7 11:56:09 UTC 2015
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Geenhuizen wrote:

> I’ve been using BackupPC for several years for my 10 hosts, and works
> extremely well, however it can take a lot of disk space, so I’d recommend
> a dedicated drive for the backups.

I've been running BackupPC on two home servers (in different places)
running CentOS for many years, and am very happy with it.
I actually backup to a different disk on the same server,
and then archive that on an external disk every couple of months.

The worst thing about BackupPC is the insane error message
"Unable to read 4 bytes", which comes up if anything is wrong.
Possibly the worst error message anywhere?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net