[CentOS] Best way to integrate CentOS in Windows AD environment

Fri May 8 06:53:32 UTC 2015
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

On 7 May 2015 21:49, "Alfred von Campe" <alfred at von-campe.com> wrote:

> I would like to move to CentOS 7 and a model where we don’t use NIS at
all, the users and (local) home directories are automatically created on
login using the UID stored on the LDAP server. Before I re-invent the
wheel, has somebody done this already?  If so, can you share the authconfig
line from your Kickstart file?  To summarize, I’d like to:

> Use LDAP/Kerberos provided by Windows AD servers to authenticate users
> Automatically create accounts/home directories upon first login
> Not require the system to be on the network (provided the user has logged
in at least once to create the account locally)

Someone was asking in the #rhel irc room about something similar yesterday.

I blogged about native AD authentication last year:

https://www.hogarthuk.com/?q=node/5

All our corporate Linux systems auth against our samba4 AD servers in a
similar manner.

There is good information at docs.redhat.com on such integration as well
and if you are focusing on c7 then realmd also simplifies this process (not
available on c6).