[CentOS] Backup PC or other solution

Fri May 8 15:12:26 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 5/7/2015 11:44 PM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> May I ask what your settings are to achieve that retention rate?

there's a lot of settings...  but these are probably applicable...

Main Config:
   Schedule:
     FullPeriod: 27.9
     FullKeepCnt: 24
     FullKeepCntMin: 8
     FullAgeMax: 360
     IncrPeriod:  0.97
     IncrKeepCnt: 30
     IncrKeepMin: 1
     IncrAgeMax: 30
     IncrLevels: 1

on a few hosts where dailies are not appropriate due to how long they
take, I override to do weekly incrementals instead

   Schedule:
     FullPeriod: 89.6
     FullKeepCnt: 2
     FullKeepCntMin: 2
     IncrPeriod: 6.97
     IncrKeepCnt: 15
     IncrAgeMax: 100

many of those are probably defaults, but I didn't keep track which ones
I modified

another thing, many of my servers are SQL database servers (mostly
postgresql and oracle).  I do NOT backup the sql data file systems
directly with backuppc, instead, I have the SQL do archiving or
scheduled dumps, and I backup those archive and dump destinations...