[CentOS] NFS performance on CentOS 7

Mon May 11 17:23:17 UTC 2015
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

----- Original Message -----
| I am setting up a file server with CentOS 7.  I'm seeing
| performance which is considerably slower than a similar
| server running CentOS 6.6.  A 3Gb directory can be copied
| to/from the CentOS 6.6 server in about 50 seconds.  The
| same directory takes about 270 seconds to copy to/from
| the CentOS 7 system.
|
| I see the same performance difference with NFS mounted
| file systems or using scp, so it doesn't appear to be
| an NFS issue.  The MTU on the NICs on both systems is
| 1500, and changing it to 6000 on the CentOS 7 system had
| no effect.
|
| Anyone have any ideas what might cause this problem or
| how to fix it?
|
| --
| Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
| 1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077

Do you have IPTables or FirewallD turned on?  Are you using NFSv3 or NFSv4?  Are these machines on the same switch?  Any errors seen in `netstat -i` output?  There could be lots of reasons for this problem from cabling to switch/host misconfiguration.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca