[CentOS] Backup PC or other solution

Mon May 11 18:24:10 UTC 2015
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 7/5/2015 5:01 μμ, Robert Nichols wrote:

> I use rdiff-backup, but I hesitate to recommend a tool that has been
> unsupported for over 6 years and does have quite a few bugs.

I have had good experience with mondrescue (mondoarchive, mondorestore)
for years. It's a free, active project.

See: http://www.mondorescue.org/

We are backing-up about 20 production servers (using cron jobs) weekly.
Bare-metal recovery has been successful as well as cloning.

Their mailing list is helpful and polite.

I has saved my neck many times during the last 5 years.

Although I have no experience with mondorescue on Centos 7, I recommend
it at least for the other versions.

Nick