[CentOS] Centos 6.6 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket /var/lib/MySQL/MySQL.sock (error 2002)‏

Fri May 22 22:52:02 UTC 2015
Bill Maltby (C4B) <centos4bill at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 22:45 +0100, Graham Wilman wrote:
> I cannot say if it ever worked I have inherited the sorting out of our servers at the radio station due to it being run by volunteers and as in all volunteer organisations people come and go I did do some research on the internet and tried various commands in the terminal  but kept on getting MySQL does not exist yet when I tried the locate MySQL I did get an output with various directories and sub directories I did come across the getenforce command and when I typed it the output came back with disabled
>  <snip>

Regarding "locate", try running updatedb. It may be that after your
predecessor got MySql set up updated was not run. That is what loads the
strings into the DB for locate. The try locate again.

HTH,
Bill