[CentOS] "selinux --disabled" in kickstart file does NOT disable SELINUX

Tue May 26 02:40:02 UTC 2015
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 05/26/2015 08:32 AM, Charlie Brune wrote:
> Has the "selinux --disabled" line for kickstart files been depreciated?
>

> My CentOS 6.6 kickstart file contains the line:
>

> selinux --disabled
>
> After the install completes, SELinux is enabled instead of disabled.

I believe this has been the default since at least 6.1 - the version I
installed on my workstation about three years ago.
It came up at first reboot with selinux enforcing.
Unlike CentOS 5.x where I used selinux in permissive mode only, I have
found 6.x seems to work just fine with enforcing mode provided one sets
and uses the appropriate selinux booleans that are in place for the
packages and work scenario that one needs. As far as I recall, I have
only had one or two situations where I've had to follow the the
audittoallow instructions.