[CentOS] Urgent Help

Mon Nov 23 02:44:53 UTC 2015

On Nov 22, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Siva Prasad Nath <shivaprasadnath21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying for grub. But it does not show me anything. Hence confused.
> One of the guy posted that after deleting kernel and reinstalling solve the
> issue. I tried to follow that method.
> The grub does not show the folder which shows in the sample.
> Grub prompt me about xps system.
> When I am installing Kernell why it is not updating the kernell in boot?

I’m not sure what you are describing.

You should be booting from a CentOS install CD, into rescue mode, as was described previously:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/ap-rescuemode.html#s1-rescuemode-boot

Once you’ve booted into the rescue mode, you should choose the option to mount the OS partitions and chroot into the OS, as described here:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/rescuemode_drivers.html

… but instead of removing any packages, you should start your network with ‘service network start’ and then ‘yum install kernel’.

Please record the output of this effort, and if you get any errors or it doesn’t work, be prepared to include the text in any further requests for support.