[CentOS] getting a CentOS6 VM on VMware ESXi platform to recognize a new disk device

zep zgreenfelder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:32:18 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 10:27 AM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Julius,
>>
>> Thanks - but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> I installed sg3_utils and ran
>> #scsi-rescan
>>
>> but that seemed to have done nothing for some reason.
>>
>       Dumb question: did dmesg even bother to notice *something* was attached?

possibly dumb question, possibly unintentionally insulting your
intelligence...
you know that when he said "run # scsi-rescan" that meant 'type in
"scsi-rescan" as the root user', right?  and not '#scsi-rescan'?
#anything will always appear to do nothing as the shell thinks you're
typing in a comment.    I only ask because I've never seen anyone
respond with "I ran #command".

--
public gpg key id: 1362BA1A