[CentOS] Two WiFi routers

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Nov 4 17:10:23 UTC 2015

On 11/4/2015 11:45 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Richard Zimmerman wrote:
>
>>> Do you have them on different channels?
>> YES, definitely.... If you have the room in the spectrum, ch1, skip2, ch3,
>> skip 4, ch5, etc... I've actually have mine set with two empty channels
>> between them as the 3rd building is a machine / fabrication shop with lots
>> and lots of RFI going on.
> So does a client laptop have to change NM setup
> if passing from one router to another?
>
> I wonder if one can specify a routers IP address to NM ?

If all of the routers are providing access to the same network, you can
set up the same SSID, wifi password, and security type for all the
routers and the clients should seamlessly switch between them as they
move around.  Adjust the channels so that they aren't interfering with
each other.  If you have an android device, there is an app called Wifi
Analyzer that can show you a graph of all of the available wifi signals,
their signal strength, and what channel they are on.

Just make sure there is only one device on the network providing DHCP.
You can do it from one of the routers or elsewhere, but only one DHCP
server per network.

--
Bowie