[CentOS] After reboot of web-server accessing website shows "Forbidden", restarting httpd all is fine

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:40:44 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 06:30 PM, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> Putting selinux into permissive mode starts the server right from boot.
> Looking at all the logs I cannot see anything.

Which logs?  You should see AVC denies logged in
/var/log/audit/audit.log, unless you've disabled audit logging.

The AVCs should indicate which files are labeled incorrectly, and what
their current label is.  You probably need to fix the tree from which
you're serving files.

Could be just "restorecon -r -v /var/www" if you're using the default
paths.  Otherwise, you should use semanage to fix whatever paths you're
using:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Security-Enhanced_Linux/sect-Security-Enhanced_Linux-SELinux_Contexts_Labeling_Files-Persistent_Changes_semanage_fcontext.html