[CentOS] Rsync and differential Backups

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Mon Nov 9 18:21:30 UTC 2015

I beg to differ.

The rsync command is a fantastic backup system. It may not meet your
needs, but it works really great to make different types of backups for
me. I have a script I use (automate everything) to perform nightly
backups with rsync. Using rsync with USB external hard drives works far
better than any other backup system I have ever tried.

As for your other statements, they may be meaningful to you and that is
OK, but to me are just so much irrelevant semantics. If one's backup
system works, terminology and which commands used to achieve it are
beside the point - it is a true backup system.