[CentOS] Rsync and differential Backups

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Nov 10 01:52:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-09, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> XFS handles this fine.  I have a backuppc storage pool with backups of
> 27 servers going back a year...  now, I just have 30 days of
> incrementals, and 12 months of fulls,

I'm sure you know this already, but for those who may not, be sure to
mount your XFS filesystem with the inode64 option.  Otherwise XFS will
try to save all of its inodes in the first 1TB of space, and with so
many inodes needed, you may run out more quickly than you anticipate.
Then you'll have "no space left on device" errors when df reports plenty
of space (at least till you do df -i; actually I'm not 100% sure df -i
will show it).

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us