[CentOS] Building for older versions

Michael Eager

eager at eagerm.com
Mon Nov 23 15:33:40 UTC 2015

Hi --

I'm trying to build an application on CentOS 7 which
can run on older versions of CentOS.  I'm running into
problems with versioning of memcpy in Glibc.  Executables
built on CentOS 7 require memcpy from glibc-2.14, which
causes the program not to load on systems with older
versions of glibc.

My online search suggests to add an asm() with a .symver
option to select memcpy from glibc-2.2.5 in each of the
source files which reference memcpy().  This isn't practical
with a program with tens of thousands of source files.

Does anyone have a reasonable solution?

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077