[CentOS] Kickstarting CentOS 7 VM on CentOS 6 not possible?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Nov 23 19:29:36 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:16:50AM -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> Does your tree also include the LiveOS structure (the stage2 installer)?

Yep.  In fact, I tried it with and without that LiveOS/squashfs.img
(I was not sure if that was required or just a speed-up).

> Using a local install tree isn't required for kickstart.  You can
> specify the location of the KS file as a boot arg and also use the ISO
> installer.

But how can the VM then access the kickstart file on the host disk?
Now it is injected in the initrd with that special flag, or can that
be done in combination with the ISO too?

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>