[CentOS] OT: bareos, Windoze, beating head on wall

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 24 20:24:06 UTC 2015

Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Tue, November 24, 2015 12:38 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
>> I'm trying to do a restore, from my CentOS 6 box, to a WinDoze box. The
>> restore command is *not* user-friendly if you just want to restore a few
>> files. And it gets weird.... First, I have to mark my path first - I
>> don't just see it with ls. Then, when I do an ls, in
>> c:/Users/<username/Documents/, it shows
>> *MATLAB
>> *My Music
>> *My Pictures
>> *My Videos
>> *Visual Studio 2005/
>> *Visual Studio 2008/
>> *desktop.ini
>>
>> *None* of which are there. All that's there are teo files, testfile.bak
>> and testfile.txt. MATLAB is in some other user's directory....
<snip>

> My case may be irrelevant as what I have is: server: FreeBSD 9.3, bacula
> 5, still here is what I have on the server side for Windows 7 client:
>
> bconsole
> restore
> 5
> [here I chose the client]
>
> You are now entering file selection mode where you add (mark) and
> remove (unmark) files to be restored. No files are initially added, unless
> you used the "all" keyword on the command line.
> Enter "done" to leave this mode.
>
> cwd is: /
>
> cd C:/Users/[username]/Documents

I cannot do that until I either mark or (thanks for telling me about
"add") that path. dir or ls shows zip until I do.

> dir
<snip>
And it's still the same - it does not show the two textfiles in the
directory, it only shows directories that are *not* there. It's as though
the index is screwed.

       mark