[CentOS] IP table Restore

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Nov 25 07:07:06 UTC 2015

On 11/24/2015 10:18 PM, Siva Prasad Nath wrote:
> If possible advice me for below error.
>
> [root at ns1 sysconfig]# iptables-restore < /etc/sysconfig/iptables
> iptables-restore: line 2 failed
>
> Thanks in advance.

If I recall correctly, you are using CentOS 7?   With 7, you really
should be using firewalld rather than manually writing iptables rules.
see the firewall section of the RHEL 7 networking manual I previously
linked, twice.

otherwise, which part of that error is unclear?   check line 2 of
/etc/sysconfig/iptables, it has a syntax error.   there may be more
information in the system logs, see chapter 20, 'logging'
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/System_Administrators_Guide/ch-Viewing_and_Managing_Log_Files.html