[CentOS] Newbie alert

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Nov 26 17:19:18 UTC 2015

On 26/11/15 12:01 PM, Shraddha Barke wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Nov 2015, Digimer wrote:
>
>> On 26/11/15 11:51 AM, Shraddha Barke wrote:
>>> Hello guys!
>>>
>>>  I'm Shraddha , an opensource enthusiast and a regular contributor to
>>> the
>>> linux-kernel project. I'm currently an intern at Linux Kernel selected
>>> through the Outreachy program. I started contributing to opensource
>>> only 5
>>> months ago but I'm already quite active. I would like to join the centos
>>> project.Any help on getting started is appreciated :)
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>>
>>> Shraddha
>>
>> I'm not a centos dev, so I'll let others speak to specific ideas. What
>> came to mind though was, perhaps, look at the bug reports on centos and
>> red hat, find some in your field of expertise and see if you can solve
>> them. Any fixes in RH will propagate to centos (and vice-versa, I would
>> expect).
>>
>> Welcome!
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
> I found many bug trackers related to RedHat. Could you please provide
> some links as to which ones need to be fixed ?
> Sorry for the newbie question

What needs fixing depends entirely on what your interests are and where
your skills are. I would go here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/query.cgi?format=advanced

Then search Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5, 6 or 7), which is upstream for
CentOS, pick some components you're interested in and see what there is.
Find something you think you can help with and start poking around. If
you think you have a patch or fix, post to the bug and see what people say.

For CentOS specific bugs;

https://bugs.centos.org/my_view_page.php

Choose the project you're interested in from the drop-down list on the
top-right of the page, click 'View Issues' and start seeing what grabs
your interest.

Cheers

--
Digimer