[CentOS] install rrdtools-devel / rrdtool-perl

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Nov 26 17:20:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015, Leandro wrote:

> I remember , I solved this issue in my centos 6 , after install rrdtool-devel
> and rrdtool-perl packages.
> Can I try domething else ?

You shouldn't need to, no.

I'm guessing you've got a cruddy version installed from somewhere else, else
the yum install would have just worked, but I'm just guessing as you've not
posted anything to say what happened when you tried the yum install.

rpm -q rrdtool

Possibly:

yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=base downgrade rrdtool
yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=base install rrdtool-devel rrdtool-perl

This may also clear up where you are:
yum list rrdtool --show-duplicates

jh