[CentOS] Newbie alert

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Thu Nov 26 17:43:53 UTC 2015

On 11/26/2015 09:30 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 11/26/2015 9:19 AM, Digimer wrote:
>>> Thanks for the quick reply!
>> What needs fixing depends entirely on what your interests are and where
>> your skills are. I would go here:
>>
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/query.cgi?format=advanced
>>
>> Then search Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5, 6 or 7), which is upstream for
>> CentOS, pick some components you're interested in and see what there is.
>> Find something you think you can help with and start poking around. If
>> you think you have a patch or fix, post to the bug and see what people
>> say.
>
> how open is RH to bug fix submissions from non-customers?

I do not know about core but with packages in EPEL (very important to
CentOS) I have found that the few times I have submit a patch, the
maintainer is usually very communicative and unless my fix is
problematic (happens) it usually is applied within a few weeks.

I've never submitted a patch to a core package though.