[CentOS] install rrdtools-devel / rrdtool-perl

Tris Hoar trishoar at bgfl.org
Thu Nov 26 18:18:21 UTC 2015

On 26/11/2015 17:58, Leandro wrote:
> Im very sorry.
> You were right, yum install works flawlessly  for rrdtool, rrdtool-devel
> and rrdtool-perl packages.
> I tryed on a fresh centos7 install.
> The problem is that my Os is not a centos7 instead is a redhat 7.
> Since I dont have any support for this , I asked some help here. I
> thought that repositories are the same for fedora,redhat and centos.
> My mistake ...
> I dont know what to do now.
>
> Thankyou!!
>

> On 26/11/15 14:20, John Hodrien wrote:
>> yum list rrdtool --show-duplicates

> This message has been checked for viruses by the
> Birmingham Grid for Learning.  For guidance on good
> e-mail practice, e-mail viruses and hoaxes please visit:
> http://www.bgfl.org/emailaup

RHEL uses RHN for system updates etc. You will need the following reops
enabled for those files:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server (RPMs)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Optional (RPMs)

To access RHN you will need a support agreement with Red Hat. You could
use the packages from Centos, but it would be better to just rebuild the
server if you are going down that route.

Tris

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation