[CentOS] LDAP setup on Centos 7

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 15:53:28 UTC 2015

Since posting my first email I have re-generated both the root and Manager
passwords and re-run the setup.

I no longer get the "Invalid credentials" error so presumably the problem must
have been a cut/paste issue.

I now get the following error. As I am a total newbie to LDAP and don't really
know what's going on, I don't know what I need to do to fix it.

[root at ollie2 ~]# ldapadd -x -D cn=Manager,dc=ringways,dc=com -W -f
basedomain.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=ringways,dc=com"
ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
        additional info: value of single-valued naming attribute 'dc'
conflicts with value present in entry
[root at ollie2 ~]# cat basedomain.ldif
# replace to your own domain name for "dc=***,dc=***" section

dn: dc=ringways,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectclass: organization