[CentOS] xfs or btrfs

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Nov 27 20:23:32 UTC 2015

On 11/27/2015 12:00 PM, Milton Plasencia wrote:
> For real time applications, what file system is recommended to use,
> XFS or BTRFS on Centos 7 or Redhat 7?

XFS is the default production file system in centos 7...  I've been
using it for quite awhile on C6 for my performance-oriented PostgreSQL
database servers as well as archival storage servers and such, and have
had zero problems.

BTRFS is still, IMHO, experimental and not ready for production without
extensive vetting for your spsiecific configuration and applications.