[CentOS] OT Strange IP address on home network

Sun Nov 1 23:03:42 UTC 2015
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

John R Pierce wrote:

> On 11/1/2015 12:59 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Again, I'm not sure what you mean.
>> "sudo locate rilo" doesn't find anything on my HP Microserver,
>> which is running under CentOS-7.1 .
>> Does HP have a "management interface" on my server?
>> What would it be called?
>
> the "gen0" original microservers with the NxxL "Neo" processors have a
> OPTIONAL remote management card that implments IPMI and iLO.   I don't
> have one in mine.
>
> here's someones blog about bringing his up.
> https://www.liquidstate.net/hp-microserver-n40l/

Thanks for your comment, which led me to recall that
when I started up my two HP Microservers almost 5 years ago
under CentOS-5.5/KDE, I did look at the Remote Access Card.
But I found that after installing an Intel PCIe Ethernet card
there was no room in the rather crowded server for a second PCIe card.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net