[CentOS] Changing the centos name on boot

Tue Nov 3 04:35:08 UTC 2015
Ramaseshan S <ramaseshan at fractalio.com>

I am kinda getting a tweaked distrubution with CentOS, So this is kinda
rebranding. I am not trying to change the hostname, trying to change the
System OS name in the on boot screen.

I have changed the grub configuration file and it reflects in the Boot OS
selection screen, login screen. But only in the on boot screen does it not
reflect. My search led me to something called plymouth, and the text (tri
colour) theme is loaded. Trying to still meddle with it. But with no luck.