[CentOS] getting a CentOS6 VM on VMware ESXi platform to recognize a new disk device

Wed Nov 4 15:35:29 UTC 2015
Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>

Zep,

Thanks - nothing insulting about asking questions.

I did run this command as root as I would never run stuff like this as any
other user (or, perhaps, I'd use sudo if so forced).

dmesg did not seem to detect the device addition, no.

Cheers,

Boris.