[CentOS] stale file handle issue [SOLVED]

Wed Nov 4 19:21:08 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/4/2015 9:59 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> *sigh*
>
> The answer is that the large exported filesystem is a very large XFS...
> and at least through CentOS 6, upstream has*never*  fixed an NFS bug that
> I find, googling, being complained about in '09: it gags on inodes > 32bit
> (not sure if that's signed, or unsigned, but....).

I don't think this problem is specific to EL, I think its generic to NFS
on Linux.

> The answer was to either create, or find an unneeded directory with a <
> 32bit inode, rename the high-number inode, move the new directory to that
> name and location, move everything that was under the old high-inode dir
> to under the new, low-number inode dir with the correct name, and
> reexport; I restarted nfs for good measure, and all is right with the
> world (well, after I restarted autofs and nfslock on the clients).

a simpler fix is to number your nfs exports via option  fsid=# where #
is a unique-to-that-filesystem integer in /etc/exports... then you don't
have to dance around