[CentOS] OT: bacula question

Tue Nov 10 18:55:59 UTC 2015
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Hi, folks,
>
> Question, for those that use/have used bacula: I've been setting up
> backups for one team, the server on CentOS 6, but they're on
> Windows. If we install the director on Windows, is it possible for
> the users to restore files from the server to their own machine?

Please check that I'm getting this right.

* You've got the director running on a CentOS machine.
* You've got file daemons running on Windows machines.
* You want to restore files from CentOS director to Windows clients.

Is that right? If so, you can restore from the director on CentOS to
the file daemons on Windows without further ado.

The one bit you need to have is a separate Windows restore job, e.g.,

Job {
   Name = WinRestore
   Type = Restore
   Client = << i use the FD on the server here >>
   # .. other standard job directives ..
   Where = "C:/Temp/Bacula"
}

--