[CentOS] Differences from upstream RHEL

Tue Nov 10 20:53:20 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 11/10/2015 12:03 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (centos) wrote:
> At work, we use some commercial software, that names RHEL6 as a supported OS, but not Centos6. I would like to know the difference between Centos and RHEL, in order to claim (or not) that we can support our users on Centos instead of RHEL.

That depends on what you mean by "support."

It's almost certainly possible to run the binaries on CentOS, but if you
need any technical support from the vendor of that application, they
might not provide it.  Your first step should be to talk to them
directly and find out what level of support is available for CentOS.
Then decide whether or not that's a deal breaker.