[CentOS] Poor perfmance of bridged interfaces

Sun Nov 15 01:27:38 UTC 2015
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

----- Original Message -----
| On 11/14/2015 09:20 AM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
| > I'd want to connect a VM to another VM (or eventually to the host) via the
| > "Linux bridge" so that I can demonstrate that capability in a classroom
| > with only one laptop.

If the purpose of this is to demonstrate VMs you just want to bridge the physical interface so that the guest can access the network.  To do this you only need one physical interface.  If you have two interfaces on the same LAN than you want device teaming or LACP.  You would create a team or bond interface using the two interfaces and then create a bridge to that team or bond device.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca