[CentOS] Intel SSD

Wed Nov 18 18:05:56 UTC 2015

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Birta Levente wrote:
>
>> I have a supermicro server, motherboard is with C612 chipset and beside
that with LSI3108 raid controller integrated.Two Intel SSD DC S3710
200GB. OS: Centos 7.1 up to date.

>> My problem is that the Intel SSD Data Center Tool (ISDCT) does not
recognize the SSD drives when they connected to the standard S-ATA
ports on the motherboard, but through the LSI raid controller is
working.

>> Does somebody know what could be the problem?
<snip>
> Perhaps the tool looks for the string RHEL.
> My recollection is that when IBM PC's were fairly new,
> IBM used that trick with some of its software.
> To work around that, some open source developers used the string "not
>  IBM".I think this was pre-internet, so google might not work.
>
> If it's worth the effort, you might make another "CentOS" distribution,
but call it "not RHEL".

I'll add to that: it was only maybe three years ago that to get one of
Dell's support tools (Dset, maybe) to run on one of our CentOS boxes was
to edit /etc/redhat-release so that it had the RH info, instead of saying
CentosOS release ... You might try that.

> --
> Michael   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
> "Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number, a
haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."

That's never going to work - where the hell do you find a virgin?

        mark