[CentOS] Intel SSD

Wed Nov 18 20:35:03 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/18/2015 09:51 AM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
> strace -f -e open software_binary might help, but I have noticed that
> Centos is not really 100% binary compatible in some cases.

CentOS Linux is not 100% bit for bit compatible with RHEL in ANY cases :)

CentOS and RHEL are built from mostly the same source code (we remove RH
trademarks and take out RHN update pieces).

But RHEL source code is rebuilt on RHEL in the Red Hat isolated build
system .. and CentOS Linux is built CentOS in our isolated build system.

Red Hat does not always release everything in their build system (they
might do 2 or 3 versions before they release something).  We only have
things they released (and we built) in our build system.

That means almost every single compiled binary file is 'not exactly' the
same (on a bit for bit basis) when compared between CentOS Linux and RHEL.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes