[CentOS] C7: How to configure raid at install time

Thu Nov 19 14:12:01 UTC 2015

Fred Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 09:49:43PM -0700, Devin Reade wrote:
>> --On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 11:07:12 PM -0500 Fred Smith
>> <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>>
>> >But it isn't at all obvious how one would do a new RAID1 setup in
>> >Anaconda
>>
>> Don't feel bad.  The abortion that is the RHEL/CentOS 7 graphical
>> install interface is far too dumbed-down to be easily usable by anyone
>> that understands what is going on under the covers.  Oh, the irony.

Agreed. What I do, all the time for a new server, is to get to the screen
in the graphical install where you select a drive, then <alt><f2>, and do
what I need to - partition, make a RAID, whatever, then switch back to the
graphical, <done> and now set mount points, etc.

       mark