[CentOS] Kickstarting CentOS 7 VM on CentOS 6 not possible?

Tue Nov 24 11:15:34 UTC 2015
Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:40:54PM +0100, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> I can say that it works for sure, so can you share your virt-install
> command / kickstart / extra-args ?

It seems that after updating the host to 6.7 some things have changed
that I didn't test.  Now the install continues, but just after switching
to graphical mode, it eats CPU time and doesn't proceed.  It once
reacted to CTRL-ALT keys (via the VNC menu) and I saw something like
"EQ overflow", but the next time it doesnt.

Anyway, I'll do some more testing, also with text mode, as I'm not
having a clear overview myself anymore on what's happening ;-).

> I'm injecting the kickstart directly into the initrd.img
> (transparently through --initrd-inject= )

Me too.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>