[CentOS] OT hardware issue: HP controller to 3rd party RAID

Wed Oct 7 21:06:51 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/7/2015 1:30 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> No. I'm the one who got the quote and set up the order for my managers,
> and I know what it's got: the ethernet connection is to the internal
> webserver to manage the RAID. the 712S I have is dual-path SAS for data.

then yeah, you'll need a plain SAS2 external HBA card.   If your server
is older, with PCI-Express v1 or v2, then a LSI 9211-8e or similar would
be fine (IBM M1015 are a common cheap OE version of the same thing), as
long as you flash that to be in "IT" (Initiator-Target) mode as they
usually come in IR (Integrated Raid).  If the server is PCI-Express v3,
then you'll want a newer card based on the LSI 2308 chip, such as the HP
H221 I mentioned)