[CentOS] C7: screensaver locks screen

Wed Oct 28 22:12:26 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 03:47:50PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:25:11 -0400
> Fred Smith wrote:
>
> > I'm open to further suggestions, thanks in advance!
>
> A) What entry do you have under lock: in ~/.xscreensaver?
>
> B) Perhaps you could try deleting ~/.xscreensaver and allowing xscreensaver-demo to recreate it.
>
> --

thanks Frank.

I just realized that it's not the screensaver. I find the lock screen is up
whenever it comes up from standby (and I think a fresh boot, though I've
not tried to reproduce that yet.) Since I put it in standby a lot rather than
shutting it down, I see it a lot. and it just started.

I've looked at the  power settings and don't see anything there that look
as if they would account for it.