[CentOS] yum does not update package list

Kommander Mighty Aura

kommander at airmail.cc
Thu Oct 1 00:11:23 UTC 2015

Hello. I have been trying to add rpmforge as a repository, but yum does
not seem to be updating the package lists. I tried

$ yum check-updates

[...]
* base: <mirror>
* epel: <mirror>
* extras: <mirror>
* rpmforge: mirror.ate.info
* updates: <mirror>

and searched for any package available there, like i3 and mpv. It is
still like the repository was never added. I imported the GPG key
mentioned in the wiki, and installed
<http://pkgs.repoforge.org/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.5.3-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm>,
checked /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo and it is enabled. Tried enabling
rpmforge-extras and rpmforge-testing, but i noticed no difference.

I am using CentOS 7.