[CentOS] Firewalld

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Oct 12 15:45:50 UTC 2015

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Ian Mortimer wrote:

> On Sun, 2015-10-11 at 15:00 -0700, Emmett Culley wrote:
>
>> I assume there must be a different set of configuration files that
>> are accessed upon reboot than those accessed upon firewalld
>> restart.
>
> The saved rules are under /etc/firewalld/zones.  The rules for the
> default zone should be the ones loaded.  The default zone is defined
> in /etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf.

It may be worth noting that most firewalld changes require two
invocations of firewall-cmd, one with "--permanent" and one without:

# this makes an immediate change that will not last past next
# reboot or service restart
firewall-cmd --zone="public" --set-target="ACCEPT"

# this makes no immediate change, but it will take effect at
# next reboot or service restart
firewall-cmd --zone="public" --set-target="ACCEPT" --permanent

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W