[CentOS] redistribution of isolinux binaries

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Tue Oct 13 16:05:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:03:00PM -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:38:06AM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:
> > Does anyone have any insight on these topics, or, at the very least,
> > a better forum to pursue them?
>
> The patches used to build the latest syslinux package for CentOS7 are
> here:
>
> https://git.centos.org/commit/rpms!syslinux/1e69ac78ccd5571027da253a99da5968028b1d5c

Cool; thanks!

I see this file:

  https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!syslinux/b4d04961d9543ac12b0a41ec6f1a396ebe311cd6/README.md

in turn refers to, for example, the c6 branch for CentOS 6 (my
current universe)

Looking at this tree:

  https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!syslinux/b4d04961d9543ac12b0a41ec6f1a396ebe311cd6

I see nothing for syslinux: does that mean there are no changes at
all for CentOS 6?

> As for kickstart, that's not handled by syslinux so I'm not sure there
> are any special patches for that.  On the el6 and el7 boot images, the
> initrd does the kickstart handling.

Thanks for that, I couldn't quite figure out where Kickstart-specific
stuff kicks in.  I'll try to track down what I can for that, for
CentOS 6...

> --
> Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org>

Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>