[CentOS] Re: Preventing laptop from sleeping when lid closed?

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Tue Oct 13 17:35:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:12, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at ...> wrote:

> How can I prevent the laptop from sleeping when the lid is closed. I tried
> messing with the settings in gnome-power-preferences but that doesn't seem
> to prevent it when no one is logged in. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Dave

With C7 that is caused by systemd.

Somewhere in /etc/systemd/logind.conf
there is a option about "suspend" or "lid"

"grep Lid /etc/systemd/logind.conf" gives:
logind.conf:#HandleLidSwitch=suspend
logind.conf:#HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore
logind.conf:#LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes

"man 5 logind.conf" for further info on defaults
and how to configure.

  - Yamaban.