[CentOS] Exists some problem with cronjobs under CentOS7

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:42:01 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 07:09 AM, C.L. Martinez wrote:
> Uhmm ... that is not what I expect:
>
> lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system
> /run/user/1000/gvfs
>       Output information may be incomplete.
> COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
> systemd     1 root   27u  unix 0xffff880250ea0f00      0t0 1436 /dev/log
> systemd-j 263 root    5u  unix 0xffff880250ea0f00      0t0 1436 /dev/log

So, the obvious next step is to make sure journald isn't holding that
socket.  That's outside my experience, but I'd imagine that you can:

systemctl disable systemd-journald.service
systemctl stop systemd-journald.service

Then you'll need to restart rsyslog and verify that it owns /dev/log.

> In theory, rsyslog is listenning to uxsock and imjournal:

Only one process can have a socket open at a time.  Since journald holds
/dev/log, rsyslog can't, which is why your cron log is empty.

> #### MODULES ####
> # The imjournal module bellow is now used as a message source instead
> of imuxsock.
> $ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging (e.g.
> via logger command)
> $ModLoad imjournal # provides access to the systemd journal

There's no real point in using imjournal if journald isn't running.