[CentOS] Firefox Flash Update = No Flash

pro alias proalia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 00:03:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM, pro alias <proalia at gmail.com> wrote:

> None of my Centos 5 boxen can show flash since the update this morning.
> Am I alone or do other people have this issue ??
> Centos 7 boxes work properly. I haven't looked at RHEL 6 boxes yet.
>
> Although I miss using flash on these boxes, it IS a great security
> upgrade....

Installing the previous version of flash-plugin restores the functionality.
It appears to be a Glib2 problem, this version was apparently compiled
against another glib2. It wants  libgio-2.0.so. Copying the so  from
/usr/lib/vmware to /usr/lib64/ stopped it's complaining but flash still
didn't work.

Another good reason to upgrade the remaining Centos 5.11 boxes to
rhel/centos 7.1.