[CentOS] Exists some problem with cronjobs under CentOS7 (Partially solved)

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:46:52 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 04:49 AM, C.L. Martinez wrote:
>  Ok, I have solved this problem partially. First, I have changed under
> journald.conf file Storage=volatile instead of Storage=none. After
> doing that, logs returned but there is no error under cron.log about
> cronjobs, system's jobs included. But they are not triggered.

What does "included" mean?  If the cron jobs are recorded in the log,
then they were triggered.  If they are recorded and not doing something
that you expect, please describe what you expected to happen that did not.

> I have removed cronie-anacron package and I have installed
> cronie-noanacron and voilà!! ... all works ok: system cronjobs and my
> configured jobs ...

It's possible that something was broken with anacron?  It's hard to
diagnose further after you removed the package.  Reinstalling it would
probably fix whatever was broken.  If you put that package back and
removed cronie-noanacron, and if the problem came back, you could
troubleshoot further, but I wouldn't expect that to happen.

> I am not sure if it is a bug or some type of misconfiguration ... But
> I have two Oracle Linux 7.x LXC servers using cronie-anacron package
> to trigger cronjobs, and works without problems.

Probably misconfiguration.