[CentOS] Google Chrome Issues on CentOS 6

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Mon Oct 19 20:11:24 UTC 2015

> Date: Monday, October 19, 2015 15:52:03 -0400
> From: Tim Evans <tkevans at tkevans.com>
>
> I've installed Google Chrome using the Richard Lloyd
> 'install-chrome.sh' script (http://chrome.richardlloyd.org.uk/),
> and am finding a couple of nagging issues.
>
> (Current install is google-chrome-stable-46.0.2490.71-1.x86_64).
>
> First, every time I shut down Chrome and start it back up, it
> whines about not having been shut down "properly."
>
> Second, and worse, at start up, it complains about not finding my
> profile, then doesn't remember any logins/passwords.  Even after
> re-entering such for several sites, the above repeats next time
> Chrome starts.
>
> Anyone seen/solved this?

I was seeing issues like that on centos-7 with a couple of the
recent releases of chrome. What I found was that chrome didn't seem
to be shutting down fully -- leaving a process and the
".com.google.Chrome..." lock file in /tmp. After cleaning those up
chrome would restart without issue. The release that you're running,
which came out a few days ago, seems to have cleared things up for
me.