[CentOS] Can I force yum to only use http.

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Oct 20 01:05:00 UTC 2015

On 10/20/2015 01:53 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> configure your external gateway firewall to REJECT (not DROP) any
> outbound ftp, and yum will quickly move onto other protocols.

You should be able to accomplish the same thing by configuring your
local firewall to REJECT the packets before the reach the company
firewall and get dropped, that means configuring each box though so it
may be easier to get your IT admin to make the change to the company
firewall, or he may refuse in which case you're left with the local
option at least.

Peter