[CentOS] strange diskspace consuming

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator

goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Oct 20 10:11:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I do a tgz-backup some maildir-folders with n*1000 off files and a lot
of GB in storage. The backuped maildirs are removed after the tar.

My assumption was, that the free diskspace should be bigger after that,
but from what I get with df, it looks like I'm loosing space.

Currently the tgz is saved on the same disk/mountpoint.

Any hint, why removing the maildirs dont free diskspace as expected?

It is still an ext3 filesystme

	Regards and thanks for hints . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt